Not all tiger fans have the gumption to grill at their tailgate. Frequently the manual labor of transporting and setting up a grill deters the faint of heart who do not thrive of on a good charcoaled meat. For the rest of us who love a good game day burger (reference previous blog posts for recipe suggestions), just as there are rules on the field, there are rules of the grill. Don't get a penalty this Game day by not following your grilling etiquette!
- Do not assume someone will bring lighter fluid and charcoal. If you plan to grill, bring your own just in case.
- Never ever flip, remove, or tamper with someone else's meat on the grill. Just as you wouldn't tamper with an artists pallet- don't tamper with a barbequer's masterpiece.
- Not everyone likes their burgers still mooing or black as night- try your hardest to grill in order to please the request of your fellow tailgaters.
- Although it's easy to get caught up in conversation, games, and tailgating; make sure uncooked meat is not left out of a cooler. Nothing worse than food sickness to ruin your Game day.
- "Only you can prevent forest fires." If you dispose of your coals and ashes near your tailgate, make sure to bring enough water to be certain all flames are out.